Posted 10 days ago
Care Assistants - Evenings
We are currently looking for Personal Care Assistants to work in the evenings across the London Borough of Barnet. You must be a driver or able to travel by public transport between clients.
Barnet Carers has been providing personal and respite care in people’s own homes in the London Borough of Barnet for over thirty years. We have an excellent reputation among care workers and our clients.
As a charity, quality not profit is our driving force. We pride ourselves on the job we do and know that every day, lives are made better by the work that we do.
We are Care Quality Commission (CQC) regulated and an approved provider to the London Borough of Barnet. We have an excellent reputation amongst care workers and the people we care for. Our focus is on each individual we work with and making sure that they can live the happy and fulfilled lives that they wish for.
We offer excellent rates of pay, travel time and waiting time payments, paid holiday and sick pay as well as a pension.
Many of our staff have been with us for over 10 years - so we must be doing something right! Join our team and take the next steps in your social care career.
As an at-Home Carer, you will have the fulfilment of really helping people and enabling them to live independently in their homes. You may be offering companionship, personal care such as bathing or going to the toilet, or help with medication, cooking light meals, shopping, or helping someone to get out and about.
Another crucial part of this role includes getting to know clients personally and providing them with emotional support and company, which contributes positively to their wellbeing.
If you would like to earn a good hourly wage (starting at £13.00 per hour but higher for people with skills and qualifications), access high-quality in-service training and enjoy a fulfilling job with career prospects and work locally at times that suit you, why not join us at Barnet Carers.
What are we looking for?
- Good English communications skills
- Flexible availability
- Car driver or able to travel by public transport
- QCF/NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care (desirable, but not necessary as training will be provided)
- You also need to be eligible to work in the UK and able to prove residency at your current address. Due to the nature of the role a full,
enhanced DBS is required as well as two satisfactory references.
- Please note, we are a domiciliary care service and NOT connected to a Care Home. We provide care in people’s own homes so you must
feel comfortable doing this and happy to travel between jobs.
- Opportunities to work long shifts with one client;
- Paid training opportunities- all staff are provided with comprehensive induction training and on-going training along with certificates so that
you feel confident in your role. All training is provided by our accredited trainers;
- Good pay rates with increases for bank holidays;
- Paid travel and waiting time;
- Perks of being directly employed: paid holidays and pension;
- Opportunities close to home;
- We arrange a portable DBS certificate for all our staff; and
- Dedicated support from the Home Care Team and our 24/7 helpline including meetings and supervisions.
Apply or Information
Recruitment Team, Barnet Carers Centre
Tel: 0203 995 1909