Enhance your opportunity to progress into specialist roles or management


Some of the roles with adult social care will require a professional national recognised qualification in order to fulfill the needs of these roles. These roles need some specialist learning and knowledge with a particular area of learning. 

With further training and development, care and support worker roles can lead to career development opportunities such as:

  • Working in a specialist area (e.g. dementia, learning difficulties, physical or sensory impairment, end of life care)

  • Team leader or management roles

  • Moving into support areas, for example as a trainer or advisor

  • Regulated roles like social work, occupational therapist or counseling

Examples of Level 4 - 8 qualifications are; NVQs, BTECs/Diploma's and undergraduate degrees, post graduate degrees (Masters Degrees/PhD's)

Detailed below are some of the universities across the NCL which provide further education qualifications in adult social care.







For all degree programmes: visit UCAS. https://www.ucas.com